Friday, January 3, 2014

1995 - The Mask: Animated series!

 THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

  THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

 THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES

 It is time for another addition to my "Portfolio" and this time it's "THE MASK: ANIMATED SERIES". 

Most of the shows I worked on that were "comic book" based were on the tail end of the 80's action adventure show run and are not that good. Japanese studios were getting expensive for the U.S. to have them animate their series, so they sent it to Korea and in later years to India and various other places. Also some corners  were being cut, like key animation, it is usually done in North America, but on this show they took the key animation directly from the storyboards. They also only required me to do only a 3/4 front view of the characters and props for a model sheets, but that is the nature of the beast we call the animation industry.

It was still fun to work on, there was even a cross-over episode with the "Ace Ventura: Pet detective" animated show.

 Next "Portfolio" up-date will be "Flash Gordon" so stay tuned.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow... Admittedly- I wasn't even born when this show first originally aired. However- I loved the Movie to hell when I was young- and watched the Cartoons whenever a Re-run would come on Cartoon Network back in 2001 to 2002- before they stopped airing it. To actually see this brings back Memories- and the fact that these Drawings look amazing since they would have been made in the early 90's, is astounding, and baffling to me, since they look like HD quality (unless these are just recently done.)

I honestly did not expect this today... Well- for my childhood to come and slap a large, Masked Labeled Banana Cream pie in my face- squirt Seltzer-Water in my face to clean me off- and give me a Super Atomic Wedgie, to seal the deal with that Iconic- "HA - HA!"

I'm glad I found this blog of yours- and I do like what you do. It reminds me of some of the BETTER days of cartoons. Not all this Over-Protective Parents stuff that they are putting down kids throats (though- not ALL of them are that bad.) Old Weird Gems- like Megas XLR (which I 'Digged') Dexter's Laboratory, Ed Edd n' Eddy (before 2005,) Johnny Bravo, and such.

Wonderful Work. Thanks- this just made my day man. I guess I'll be keeping an eye out on this blog.

Oh- and just to be Cheesy-
This post is SMOOOKEN!!

xeraph2501 said...

This was one of my fave cartoons when I was kid! I remember watching it on Cartoon Network through satellite. I didn't understand what the characters where saying but I were drawn into it just becaouse of the character design and style. I remember how I learned how to draw Mask and in school all the kids then started bothering me to draw Mask for them and my art teacher didn't like that green headed monster much:) Anyway, Thank you for the memories.

Unknown said...

Grow up seeing this series,Love your work! is awesome!

Unknown said...

Wow. I love The Mask TAS. I've been drawing him for years, but I just can't seem to make him look as alive as he does in the series, or here on these pictures.
Awesome work. QwQ

(tried posting before, not sure if it worked so I try again).